How to Start YouTube Marketing for Your Business
YouTube holds a huge market in social networking sites with millions and billions of users spending hours of their day watching videos online. The strange part is that businesses in India don’t include YouTube as a part of their social media strategy. People live with this misconception that producing blogs or articles are comparatively cheaper, little do they know that creating videos has now become comparatively cheaper.
According to research, 8 out of 10 people prefer watching online videos than taking paid cable services.
Over 1 billion hours of YouTube videos are watched all over the world (per month) which is more than Netflix and Facebook videos combined!
YouTube is the next big thing in the market. There is a huge opportunity for any business to flourish through YouTube, so get started with your channel with just these steps mentioned :
Creating a YouTube Channel
You can sign in with the help of your Google accounts and in case you don’t have one, go to youtube and click on “sign in” and then follow the steps to create your Google account.
Once you have signed in on your YouTube account, go on settings and there would appear an option “create your channel”.
Position Your Channel
Once your channel is created it is very important to POSITION YOUR CHANNEL. YouTube is a very crowded place, there are approximately 46 million channels on YouTube. So it is very important to position your channel and make a mark.
These steps will help you in positioning your channel:
- Define your target audience– with your very first video, you should have a clear mindset about who you want to target. For example Kids, housewives, sports enthusiasts etc.
- Value proposition– what value you are going to bring to the audience.
- Video type- what kind of videos you are going to create? For ex. Vlogs, short films, whiteboards etc.
- Publishing schedule – there should be a publishing schedule though it is not necessary, it would help in creating a fan base for your channel.
- Visual style– your channel’s style is very important, like your logo, channel thumbnail, animated logo all of this matters a lot.
- Channel section– it is very important to organize your videos, it helps your subscribers to view more of your videos. There are in total 16 channel sections but the most common ones used are- uploads, popular uploads, playlists, live streams, recent activity.
The name of your channel plays a very important role in creating a successful YouTube channel, it appears on your channel page, videos and search results.
- First, you have to decide the category you want to go with- if you want it to be an on a specific name( Sachin Tendulkar), brand (Zara), category (classic cookery ), descriptive (epic makeup tutorials)
- Your channel should tell about the type of videos or topics you create.
- Your channel should be unique enough to grab the attention of the audience.
- Make sure your channel name is easy for people to remember.
- Avoid using numbers in your channel name.
Channel icon is basically a small visual representation of your channel, which appears on your channel page, videos, search results, subscriptions, featured channels, related channels.
Types of channel icon you can use to make your channel look more attractive.
- A visual sometimes people use visuals as their icons to represent their channel, but make sure the visual reflects the type of visual content you are posting.
- Logo channels related to various brands like Nike, Adidas, Zara etc can use their brand logos as their channel icon.
- Headshots when a specific person is a star of a particular channel then a headshot of that person can also be used as the channel icon.
It is basically a channel banner which is present at the top of your YouTube channel. it is very important because it helps in making a strong first expression.
Here are some of the best ideas you can use for channel art:
- Your channel art can be based on the topic of your channel.
- Your channel art can also be a picture of you, the creator of the channel.
- Your channel art can also be a visual reflecting what your channel is all about.
- It can also be the logo of your channel.
- Your channel art can also be the tagline of your channel and also a collage of the content your channel creates.
- You can also create your own channel art with the help of high-quality graphic tools like Canva or Snappa.
It basically tells your audience about what your YouTube channel is all about. Make sure your channel description is very strong, it can help you convert followers into subscribers.
Tips for writing a strong channel description.
- Make sure the first paragraph or first four lines of your channel description is strong enough to grab attention.
- Use relevant keywords in your description so that it is easy for people to spot you in the search results.
- You can mention the publishing time of videos in your description.
- You can end your description by asking people to subscribe to your channel.
It is basically designed to tell or introduce about your YouTube channel within a time span of 30-90 seconds. Once the channel trailer is uploaded, it will always appear at the top of your YouTube channel. It is important to grab attention. It helps in converting followers into subscribers. It will help in giving an overall view of your YouTube channel.
Your trailer may include-
- A scripted introduction of you and your channel.
- Call for action. i.e. you can ask people to subscribe to your channel.
- You can mention your publishing schedule.
- You can tell people about the target audience you want to reach out to.
- You can also add a small highlighted reel from your channel.
- Don’t forget to add an End screen to your trailer.
If you’ve followed all of these steps closely, you should be growing your business on YouTube in no time! Do you have any additional questions about YouTube Video marketing that you’d like to discuss?
Let us know in the comments! We’d love to help you out.