Technology has taken over the world. Residing at the cutting edge of technology & consumer behavior is Digital Marketing , businesses are doing all that they can to match up the pace. What does this mean for traditionally offline businesses?
It means that if you have been overlooking digital marketing till now, you have to either change the plans of action into the digital one or amplifying existing marketing strategies with revenue driven strong digital advertising techniques.
Let’s first analyse why digital marketing is important.
Reasons why Digital Marketing is Important
- Over 2.77 billion people used social media in 2018. The numbers are expected to cross 3.5 billion by 2021.
- Every second, there are 11 new people that use social media for the first time
- 34% of the businesses already have an integrated digital marketing plan in 2018
- About 90% of marketers noticed their social marketing efforts increased exposure
- More than 80% of businesses will increase their digital marketing spending plan
Why Digital Marketing is important for your business
- Even for traditionally offline businesses (Real Estate, Healthcare etc) – your consumers are searching, analyzing and validating your business based on your online presence. Even industries who cannot advertise their professions (Lawyers, Doctors) are finding a way to increase their presence via review websites and PR.
- In the future, even purchase decisions will be made online. Cash is slowly going obsolete and people are much more at ease to shop, pay and
receiveitems from the comfort of their homes.
Digital Marketing Vs Traditional Marketing
- In 2018 in India, while Overall Advertising
spendgrew at 13% – Digital Advertising grew at a whopping 30%. Within that segmentVideo Advertising was the biggest new entrant with 54% growth.
Why is this happening? Simply because digital modes of communication and marketing are more adaptable, easier to track, analyse and iterate.
10 Reasons why Digital Marketing is Important
1. Importance of Digital Marketing- Equal Opportunity for every business
Digital Marketing levels the online battle ground and offers equal opportunities for all kinds of businesses. It is no more like the old day’s scenario when multinationals and big business houses mostly embraced Digital Marketing. Now, Digital Marketing really evens the odds, giving little and medium businesses the opportunity to compete against the established businesses and draw in their share of traffic.
- Small and medium scale businesses or startups now have the assets to perform sales and marketing processes that were beforehand accessible to big companies.
- While thinking of the importance of Digital Media Marketing, the most noticeable benefit is its ability to engage with multiple customers without using Business process outsourcing services.
- Even the conversions associated with Digital Marketing rank higher than other modes of marketing and communications.
2. How important is digital marketing- More Cost-Effective than Traditional Marketing
Small businesses with no assets and capitalization find a superior and financially savvy marketing channel in digital marketing. As per Gartner’s Digital Marketing Spend Report-
“Up to 40% of respondents claimed to get considerable savings by using digital marketing methods of promotion for their products and services.”
- The report further suggests that 28% of businesses studied will move advertising budget allocations from traditional marketing channels and put them into digital marketing channels.
- HubSpot affirms this has appeared in the graph beneath that ensures how digital marketers get better Cost-Per-Lead (CPL) contrasted with other marketing channels-
Reducing Cost-Per-Lead digitally
3. Why Digital Marketing is Important- Ensures Conversion
Businesses measure accomplishment by the rate of approaching traffic gets converted into leads, supporters, subscribers, deals or sales. If there occurs no conversion, all your activity would amount to nothing and all your marketing endeavors will essentially go to squander. That is the reason entrepreneurs are streamlining their digital advertising efforts towards Conversion Rate Optimization, making it their topmost priority.
- There are a few CRO tools and procedures that you can use for your digital advertising effort to optimize conversion.
- Different digital marketing activities like Search Engine Optimization, Social Media Optimization, and email marketing, etc. will also aid you in doing so.
- As observed from the below given HubSpot’s State of Inbound Marketing Report, SEO, SMO and Email Marketing create fast and viable communications with the target audiences and ensure higher conversion rates-
Digital Marketing Delivers Conversion
4. Digital Marketing Importance- Helps you Generate Better Revenues
Along with better conversion rates created by successful digital marketing strategies, Digital Marketing also ensures great revenues. It conveys heaps of gainful advantages for you and your business appreciates better and higher incomes.
“Google affirms this in an analysis with IPSOS Hong Kong, asserting 2.8 times better revenue growth anticipation for organizations utilizing digital marketing to the individuals who don’t.”
- With better revenue generation, little and medium businesses utilizing digital advertising strategies will have 3.3 times better odds of optimizing their business.
- Digital Marketing opens the ways to better, bigger and remote targeting markets both locally and abroad.
5. Why Digital Marketing is Important for business- Facilitates Interaction with Correct Targeted Audiences
One reason why internet marketing is assuming control over conventional marketing channels is the capacity of Digital advertising methods to cooperate with target audiences and ensure result driven interactions through pull and push marketing strategies. Digital Advertising ensures the engagements that your clients hope to get while interacting with your business.
- The way you manage such engagements will spell the distinction between business achievement and disappointment.
- Facilitating your clients with legitimate engagement can give you knowledge of what your prospects need.
- This indispensable data will control you towards making the correct arrangement of next moves, give your clients far superior experiences and grow great associations with them.
- This will let you develop and enhance your Brand’s credibility among your audiences when your business starts to grow.
6. Importance of digital marketing today- Caters to the Mobile Consumer
Without a doubt, with the fast expansion of smartphones, mobile marketing is the most contemporary way of data dispersal that is also today’s basic correspondence channel. These smartphones have turned into the main part of our life that 85+ percentages of grown-ups in India dependably have their mobile devices within their reaching distance.
Increase in the number of mobile users
- Now is the best time to have digital advertising efforts planned towards mobile buyers, preparing for them towards accomplishing better development and quicker extension.
- As per eMarketer report-, “Mobile devices have advanced from being alternative of tablets and PCs, into something that is affecting customers’ buying decisions”.
7. Why Digital Marketing is Important- Builds Brand Reputation
The importance of digital marketing lies in its capacity of pulling in the target audiences, who are in all likelihood to find out about your brand and might be intrigued enough to buy what you bring to the table. Offering what you guaranteed will enable you to build up a superior association with them, which ultimately influences them to progress into paying clients who will backpedal and interface with your site some more– Also in a more sustainable fashion.
- This will be helpful for your brand awareness, as the fulfilled clients will, in all likelihood enlighten other individuals concerning their involvement with your brand and optimize your brand reputation.
- Your online repute will become a web sensation; additionally will open new chances of ensuring farther market reach and better business development.
- What they see, will never fade away.
8. Why is Digital Marketing Important- Aids you earn the People’s Trust
Digital Marketing pays more emphasis on web-based social networking signals because of their immediate and more customized collaboration between a business and its target customers.
Recent researches suggest that:
“90 percent of respondents claimed they would trust information about a particular brand, product or service if the data comes from people they know.”
- Digital Marketing influences via web-based social media signals, social reviews, and testimonials from genuine customers who had made a purchase with you and got profited.
- The more solid these social signs are, the better the trust rate it can produce from the prospects, the greater part of which can be converted into potential clients.
9. How important is Digital Marketing- Influences prospects take Favorable Action via CTA
Digital Marketing makes utilization of successful techniques that will allure individuals to make a positive move you expect them to take. The perfect strategy will always ensure Call to Action (CTA) that specify what your site-visitors should do next. There are innovative ways that you can use to ensure conversions using Calls to Action.
- Calls-to-Action let your visitor know what they can do while visiting your site. They can sign up, download something, subscribe or purchase.
- Digital Marketing lets you choose and use particular steps that will lure prospects to make some favorable moves.
- Forms, buttons, and messages are optimized according to the graphics, designs, text, color schemes etc. of your webpage to produce the best outcomes.
10. Why Digital Marketing is important- Lets you be prepared for the IoT
Internet of Things – Digital Marketing
In this digital age, IoT or Internet of Things can be understood as an inevitable biological system of interconnected devices that include tablets, cell phones, smartphones, appliances, PCs, and so on. Such devices can communicate with each other by using the Internet. Digital Marketing will set up your business towards such ubiquitous existence of an interconnected environment that will penetrate through each part of individuals’ lives.
- Survival for your business will also depend upon the ability to have adaptability for this interconnected matrix.
- Digital marketing lets you be equipped with adept adaptability for IoT that ensures online business survival for you and hence lets you enjoy long-term benefits.
Now, as we have gone through details of different reasons why digital marketing is important for your business, how about we take a brisk preview of some of the key elements of Digital Marketing that help businesses have optimized online presence-
Key Digital Marketing Elements essential to optimize your Business
Elements of Digital Marketing
- Websites and SEO content
- Internet banner ads
- Online video content
- Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising
- Email marketing
- Social media marketing (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Mobile marketing (SMS, MMS, etc.)
In addition to over-mentioned Digital Marketing elements, new types of digital marketing techniques like augmented reality, artificial intelligence are arriving constantly. Let us go through some of the latest digital marketing trends to understand the importance of digital marketing–
Digital Marketing Trends that boost the ROI of E-Businesses
- Influencer Marketing
- Content Marketing
- App Store Optimization
- Big Data Personalization
- In-store Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Live Video Streaming
- Site Optimization as per the Wearable Technology
- Consumer Engagement Strategy
Both B2B and B2C businesses can effectively use diverse digital marketing mediums- The only thing that they need to pay heed upon is knowledge of the latest digital marketing trends that suit their kind of business.
- Digital Marketing practices like the importance of SEO in digital marketing, Paid Advertising, Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Content Marketing, e-Commerce SEO, Automation Marketing, Social Media Marketing, and so forth have turned out to be regular practices of B2B and B2C organizations.
- In any case, one of the primary advantages of conducting your advertising digitally is the straightforwardness with which results can be tracked and monitored in Digital Marketing.
- As opposed to conducting costly customer research, Digital marketing aids you easily see the client reaction rates, measure the completion of your marketing goals and hence empowers you to design your next Marketing campaign more accurately, keeping in mind the previous statistical reports.
Digital Marketing is a continuously developing system that asks businesses to keep pace with the quickly changing processes- In 2019; a few digital marketing trends mentioned above will undoubtedly have a capable impact on lead generation, conversions, and ROI.
Appropriate understanding and adept inclusion of best digital marketing practices and related trends will ensure the growth that your business deserves.
So, this is why Digital Marketing is Important! How important is Digital Marketing for you? Facing problems and wishing to know what would be the right Digital Marketing Strategy for your business? – Write to us in comments.
call us at +91 9899400775 or email us at [email protected]